Thursday, August 10, 2006

Inuit Circumpolar Conference

Issues affecting youth and elders were a priority for discussion at the recent Inuit Circumpolar Conference (ICC). Patricia Cochran, the group's chairwoman, also plans to improve communications among all Inuit people living in the circumpolar world. "I see great opportunity for ICC," said Cochran, who is Inuit. "I will tell you that I'm so excited to jump into the middle of this, I can't wait to just get my feet wet." The ICC represents 155,000 Inuit from Canada, Alaska, Greenland and Russia. It meets every four years to discuss issues affecting the Inuit people such as language, climate change and northern pollution.

See Inuit Art at Free Spirit Gallery, an online gallery that specializes in both Inuit art and Native American Art.

No comments: