Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Will Use Northwest Native Indian Salmon Legend for Toastmasters Speech

I will have to do a folk tale for one of my upcoming Toastmasters speeches and I think that I will use a version of the Northwest Native Indian story about the Salmon people. The salmon people are thought to be superhuman beings who live in the sea and they turn themselves into salmon fish in order to provide a food source for the people living on land. This should be an interesting story to tell as part of one of the advanced speeches I have to do at Toastmasters. I doubt that many others will source Northwest Native Indian legends for this type of speech so this should be interesting.

To learn more about the importance of the salmon fish to the Northwest region, see Northwest Native Indian Salmon. The Northwest Native artists use the salmon as subjects for their artwork and examples are at Northwest Native Salmon Art.

No comments: